Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Romare Bearden Final Project



I will be continuing to follow Romare Bearden as my inspiration for the final stretch of the class. I will be doing four pieces as before but this time will be making it much more personal. I will be depicting four different mental illnesses within the collage in order to showcase the conflicting viewpoints within our society towards those with a mental illness. As someone who is going to grad school for mental health counseling and always tries to advocate for the reduction of the stigma surrounding mental illness, this will be very near and dear to my heart. Taking some points from Bearden's work, I will again use a surreal/cartoonish vibe but will also try to channel more of myself and my personal passions this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment