Wednesday, March 8, 2017

HENRI DE TOULOUSE-LAUTREC



 I chose Henri De Toulouse - Lautrec because I was immediately captivated by the women in the dresses because they all reminded me of the Rockettes . All the women in the picture look like they are dancing and are in some type of costume. This particular piece is so constant, it must have not been easy to make sure all the girls legs are up in the air and close in height. What I loved most about this piece is that he was able to make the women look like they are actually moving , so using a 3D technique must have been difficult, but he was able to make it work. Although, the colors he uses might be dull , the women stand out on their own.  I see these women and I think of he rockettes, the flappers and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment