Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Hirst- SHARK

This piece by Damien Hirst is called The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living, created in 1991. This is a 13ft Tiger Shark preserved in formaldehyde weighing over 20 tons. He named this piece with the idea in mind on how to describe death to himself. He wanted to make something that was real enough to frighten the viewer. So I liked this piece because I am afraid of the ocean because 90% of it is unknown. Sharks are a part of said ocean. Therefore they are scary creatures of the water. Even though I fear sharks, I have a love for shark week and found this piece to be intriguing. I have not seen anything like this before. It would be interesting to stand in front of it to see the inside of the shark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment