Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Art Nouveau- Louis Comfort Tiffany

Vase ‘Flower-form’ vase
I chose Louis Comfort Tiffany because of his uniqueness in his art. I am unsure if the picture on the left would be considered a flower vase due to how thin it is but otherwise, I think this is a nice piece of art that I would have around my house. I can only imagine how hard it was to make something so thin and how delicate you must be with it. Also, the color choices are beautiful with the green and white streaming down and then collecting with gold at the bottom. The glass on the right reminds me of a blooming flower and something I would see in the 1800's as a wine glass (a challis) Overall, even compared to his other "vases", they all look like flowers and are all beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment