Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Rene Magritte






     This piece is called "Not To Be Reproduced by Rene Magritte" in 1937. The work shows a man looking into the mirror, whereas the book is reflected properly, you can only still see the back of the head in the reflection. Magritte was a surrealist painter who made many unique, thought provoking pieces. He made pieces that makes the viewer question their perception of reality. In this piece, I think it shows how everyone is unique and not one person is made up the same way. We all have something special about us.
     I based my final project off his work last semester. I was planning on doing an Elvis themed midterm. I feel like could be a really cool idea to base one of the projects off of. Elvis can never be reproduced in my opinion. He is a legend in his own right so I think this would be a really cool idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment