Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Jasmine Wahi

I chose to blog about Jasmine Wahi. I love that her exhibitions for The Project for Empty Space promote feminism, empowering women, cultural identity as well as intersexuality. This project takes objects/scultures of normally a patriarchal views and turns them into the typical feminine viewpoint. I feel this is a powerful statement about the expectations of women and men in society and the importance of calling out these ridiculous standards. One of her projects "Pussy Polaroid Project" embraces people who are fighting the patriarchy by telling their own stories and hanging pictures of their polaroids in the exhibit. I feel her work is extremely powerful and very influential in this day in age and I really love everything about it.


-Megan McCarthy

No comments:

Post a Comment