Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Jean-Michel Basquiat untitled 1981 painting of a regal warrior figure.

Jean-Michel Basquiat untitled 1981 painting of a regal warrior figure. 





I seen this displayed in Brooklyn in 2015, and didn't really understand the complexity behind the artist, nor did I appreciate the painting itself so close to the home of one of the few people Mr Masquiat tried to impress...his father. I appreciate the colors in the photo, how they remind someone of a city burning. I like that the attributes of this drawing that we can only guess the purpose behind them, and I think everyone can think back to a doodle they have done and how no one else may even know what we are doodling except for us...and even then its so off the bat and free that we don't even know what we are doodling.

No comments:

Post a Comment