Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Jasmine Wahi

I chose to blog about Jasmine Wahi this week. After doing some searching I came across this instillation she put together in Newark, NJ geared towards feminism, intersect feminism, and overall empowerment of women. I come from a family of very strong women and feminism has always been near and dear to my heart. My mother was one of the strongest women I have and will ever know and I feel like she would have loved the current movement in feminism happening currently...as well as the Jasmine Wahi exhibition. The piece I chose to showcase is displaying percentages highlighting the ever growing wage disparity between males and females around the world. It's always important to have these issues brought up due to the fact some people just may not know. The other one I really enjoyed because of her creative use of medium. I feel like she is trying to show something with the broken glass on a doll body.

No comments:

Post a Comment