Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Katharina Grosse

I personally love Katharina's artwork and the unconventional way they are created. Each work of art flows and drips with colors that would not usually be used together, but somehow she makes it work. For example, in this painting there are dark earth tones next to light pastels but the overall painting is easy on the eyes. I also appreciate her method of applying media as I work in a body shop restoring old cars and part of the restoration process includes using an industrial spray gun to paint a car. While drips and over-spray would be a nightmare for me when painting a car I enjoy looking at them in Katharina's artwork.
Katharina Grosse, Untitled (2016). © Katharina Grosse und VG Bild-Kunst, Bonn 2016. Photo by Jens Ziehe. Courtesy Gagosian.

No comments:

Post a Comment