Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Katharina Grosse



Katharina Grosse’s unique style of art is very interesting to me. Her process in creating such art is so different with such unique objects in her work really intrigue me. In this picture she used fallen trees, but in other works I’ve seen her use couches, benches, Styrofoam, cardboard, etc to alter the final look of the painting. The fact that she takes these random objects and transforms them into vibrant, beautifully colored pieces of art just amazes me. Similar to what was mentioned in the article, seeing how the the objects  can completely transform the angles and direction of her spray give this work so much dimension and depth. I believe I enjoy her larger scale works more than the smaller canvas. Either or, Grosse's works sure know how to make an impression in a gallery with her bold, bright, beautiful colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment