Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Blog 1

This is one of Katharina Grosse' works of art that is shown in her new exhibition of painting with a spray gun. I thought this piece was very unique and different from the other paintings in her exhibition. From what I've seen most of the paintings were on canvases, and here she created a metal sculpture. I liked how the sculpture had abstract with the white slices; sharp edges of color, and overlapping sprays and paint drips. I really liked how theses techniques gave the sculpture dimension and texture. I also liked how Grosse used rainbow colors. I thought it was interesting to find out that she doesn't use a paintbrush. However in the article, it mentioned she used stencils to help her. Overall, I thought Grosse' work was beautiful and unique.  

No comments:

Post a Comment