Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Koons and the Balloons


I knew after seeing the balloon dog that Koons is known for what this article was about. Artists becoming celebrity status symbols, open air installations, and taking away from the gallery or museum aspect has become a trend within the art world. I am a fan of the obnoxious and bigger than life works of Koons, he even went as far as working closely with one of my favorite singers, Lady Gaga, on her album ARTPOP. I do see how these movements can change the way we as a whole view art. We take away from the classical training and make it into celebrity status instead of enjoying and appreciating it. I know when I visited the Louvre in Paris, we were not allowed to take photos with the Mona Lisa, I feel that with these types of pieces they become nothing but tourist traps and attractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment