Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Final Post

I was instantly reminded of the Marina Abromavic exhibition in 2010 when I read this, to find that the writer speaks about her within the article. I had livestreamed it back when I was very interested in becoming a studio art minor and found this type of public "performance" interesting and enthralling. The work that Sophie Calle is doing is similar to me in that she is using open spaces, human emotions, and raw innocence and emotion in order to not only showcase the power of it but also utilizes these facets and creates an art piece that speaks volumes of the daily struggles within all of us. Transcribing the deep secrets and confessions of those that came to Calle's exhibit and then the symbolism of her dropping them within a hollow obelisk is symbolic of letting go and moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment